Monday 5 July 2010

A few snippets of the weekend just gone.

It's been a relaxing but quite productive weekend with plenty of sunshine (yet no sunburn which I consider quite an achievement). Granny got home from her week in Cornwall so we no longer have the house to ourselves but we do have gifts.

Looking forward to trying this chutney but I'm not sure what it would go best with.

I've been working hard getting some more books bound and designing this wrap for them. Opinion's on the results are welcome. I'm hoping to get them up on etsy soon.

I'm loving the Haynes lane market in Crystal palace. I was only intending to browse but I couldn't resist this beautifully carved arts and crafts tray. It's got a few blemishes but I love it.

I'm also loving my new cushion by Black Cactus which I picked up at the Dulwich Wood House craft fair. I'm feeling it would look perfect on a luxurious grey sofa (one day perhaps).

It's beautifully handprinted with a design inspired by the pitcher plant.

Sunday afternoon was barbeque day with the boys providing us with some soothing acoustic music. The most relaxed I've felt in awhile.

I just had to include these little garden visitors who suddenly appeared in the tree right above me. We may be in London but there is still plenty of wildlife to seen.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ruth
    I think the books look great- organic and rustic, yet pretty- a good combination. I should check out the market in crystal palace, that tray is a real find.
    Good luck with the etsy shop!
    Natsx

    ReplyDelete